Old 01-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Johannes Wiedersich

Default Recovery required on readonly filesystem

postid wrote:

> EXT3-fs: INFO: recovery required on readonly filesystem
>
> and
>
> EXT3-fs: write access will be enabled during recovery
>
> "Recovery" from what? It's up and running now. Should I do something?
> Should I wait till the next boot and see if it does it again or has it
> fixed itself already since it's experienced recovery?

Check for files within the lost+found directory of the partition in
question. If the teeth of time have corrupted some of your files, their
remains will have ended up there.

It could be that for some reason or other your system just didn't shut
down properly and that no data loss has occured at all.

You should check /var/log/fsck for the logs of what had happened.

HTH,

Johannes

[Note that sarge has long since been the current and supported version
of debian. You'd probably want to upgrade to etch, ie. the current
'stable'.]