-   -   Make it impossible for websites to style forms in Debian Blizzardhawk (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/223405-make-impossible-websites-style-forms-debian-blizzardhawk.html)

Jochen Schulz 01-06-2009 01:38 PM

Make it impossible for websites to style forms in Debian Blizzardhawk

Michelle Konzack:
> Am 2009-01-06 02:07:56, schrieb Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso:
> >
> > http://sums.math.mcgill.ca/~jordi/piccies/exhibit-a.png
>
> Whoops... I was not aware, that I can modify the look of a Website by
> modifying a GTK+ theme...

This is standard behaviour. As long as form elements have no explicit
CSS applied to them, most browsers use platform-native widgets to
display them.

J.
--
After the millenium I will shoot to kill.
[Agree] [Disagree]

Chris Bannister 01-09-2009 05:39 AM

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 11:54:06AM +0000, thveillon.debian wrote:
> If you're tired of hacking around css you can have a look at the
> "Stylish" extension : https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/2108

There is also the web developers extension. It might be 60, but not
sure.

--
Chris.
======

"thveillon.debian" 01-09-2009 11:15 AM

Chris Bannister a écrit :
> On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 11:54:06AM +0000, thveillon.debian wrote:
>> If you're tired of hacking around css you can have a look at the
>> "Stylish" extension : https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/2108
>
> There is also the web developers extension. It might be 60, but not
> sure.

Yes, https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/60

and greasemonkey can do neat things too, with a lot of ready made
scripts available. (but it can also be a security hole...)

https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/748

Tom

Johannes Wiedersich 01-09-2009 12:06 PM

Make it impossible for websites to style forms in Debian Blizzardhawk

"thveillon.debian" 01-09-2009 12:54 PM

Johannes Wiedersich a écrit :
> thveillon.debian wrote:
>> Chris Bannister a écrit :
>>> There is also the web developers extension. It might be 60, but not
>>> sure.
>>>
>> Yes, https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/60
>
> No need to. It's packaged in debian lenny (it was called
> firefox-webdeveloper in etch, IIRC):
>
> $ aptitude show iceweasel-webdeveloper
> Unable to find an archive "stable" for the package "iceweasel-webdeveloper"
> Package: iceweasel-webdeveloper

[snip]

> Cheers,
>
> Johannes

You're right, and greasemonkey too :

aptitude search greasemonkey
p iceweasel-greasemonkey - iceweasel extension
that enables customization of webpages...

I'm so used to digging for extensions on mozilla.com that I missed it
:-( Shame on me !

Tom