Old 01-06-2009, 02:43 AM
rjubio

Default Missing Ethernet Interface

Thierry Chatelet wrote:

On Tuesday 06 January 2009 04:08:36 rjubio wrote:

Hello

I would just like to ask how can i make my machine recognize the other
eth interface.
Here is the result of lspci
00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Unknown device 10bd (rev 02)
My other interface is working just fine. I would just like to have an
extra one.

Have you done "update-pciids"

Yes. Now it change to
00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network
Connection (rev 02)
from being unrecognized. But still my ifconfig -a doesnt show other
interface.

Old 01-06-2009, 02:59 AM
Jeff D

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009, rjubio wrote:

> Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> > On Tuesday 06 January 2009 04:08:36 rjubio wrote:
> >
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > I would just like to ask how can i make my machine recognize the other
> > > eth interface.
> > > Here is the result of lspci
> > > 00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Unknown device 10bd (rev
> > > 02)
> > > My other interface is working just fine. I would just like to have an
> > > extra one.
> > >

> > Have you done "update-pciids"
> >

> Yes. Now it change to
> 00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network
> Connection (rev 02)
> from being unrecognized. But still my ifconfig -a doesnt show other interface.

try
modprobe e1000
--
8 out of 10 Owners who Expressed a Preference said Their Cats Preferred Techno.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:23 AM
rjubio

Jeff D wrote:

I would just like to ask how can i make my machine recognize the other
eth interface.
Here is the result of lspci
00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Unknown device 10bd (rev
02)
My other interface is working just fine. I would just like to have an
extra one.

Have you done "update-pciids"

Yes. Now it change to
00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network
Connection (rev 02)
from being unrecognized. But still my ifconfig -a doesnt show other interface.

try
modprobe e1000

Still nothing. Do I need to compile a custom kernel?