Old 01-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Hugh Lawson

Default udftools aptitude upgrade error

How do I troubleshoot this issue?

'aptitude upgrade' in lenny returned an error, which follows:

udftools
A package failed to install. Trying to recover:
Setting up udftools (1.0.0b3-14) ...
Starting udftools packet writing:
/dev/pktcdvd/0=/dev/hdc Device node '0' already in use
invoke-rc.d: initscript udftools, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing udftools (--configure):
udftools

Then I did 'dpkg-reconfigure udftools', which returned this error:

/usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure: udftools is broken or not fully installed

--
Hugh Lawson
hlawson@triad.rr.com

Old 01-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Sven Joachim

On 2009-01-05 17:42 +0100, Hugh Lawson wrote:

> How do I troubleshoot this issue?
>
> 'aptitude upgrade' in lenny returned an error, which follows:

> udftools
> A package failed to install. Trying to recover:
> Setting up udftools (1.0.0b3-14) ...
> Starting udftools packet writing:
> /dev/pktcdvd/0=/dev/hdc Device node '0' already in use
> invoke-rc.d: initscript udftools, action "start" failed.
> dpkg: error processing udftools (--configure):
> subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
> udftools
>

> Then I did 'dpkg-reconfigure udftools', which returned this error:
>
> /usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure: udftools is broken or not fully installed

You can only dpkg-reconfigure a package that has been configured in the
first place; try "dpkg --configure udftools" or
"dpkg --configure --pending" instead.

Sven

Old 01-05-2009, 04:13 PM
"Eugene V. Lyubimkin"

On 2009-01-05 17:42 +0100, Hugh Lawson wrote:
> A package failed to install. Trying to recover:
> Setting up udftools (1.0.0b3-14) ...
> Starting udftools packet writing:
> /dev/pktcdvd/0=/dev/hdc Device node '0' already in use
> invoke-rc.d: initscript udftools, action "start" failed.
> dpkg: error processing udftools (--configure):
> subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
> udftools
Regardless how will you work around this, there is a bug in udftools package. Please use
reportbug utility to report it.

Ukrainian C++ developer, Debian Maintainer, APT contributor