Old 01-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Ron Johnson

Default Iceweasel not start after KDE startup

On 01/05/09 09:11, Martin ┼*oltis wrote:

Hi all

I am courious if only i have this problem, but after some upgrade i have this
problem.
When i logout from KDE and login back, iceweasel do not start.

I found out that after logout from KDE i have this line in ksmserverrc

restartCommand11=/usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9/xulrunner-stub,--sm-config-prefix,/firefox-bin-J4K7Of/,--sm-client-id,10d3d2d665000123092445600000113340013,--screen,0

But if i save session manualy then there is firefox-bin command.

Btw, there is no such process like xulrunner-stub when KDE is up.

No one has this problem ?

Thanks for help

I am using testing.

What if you run it from an xterm?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

I like my women like I like my coffee - purchased at above-market
rates from eco-friendly organic farming cooperatives in Latin America.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:50 PM
komodo

Run what ?

Old 01-06-2009, 07:10 AM
komodo

Yes of course, but there is maybe litle misunderstanding.
I have no problem start iceweasel from KDE, but i want that iceweasel starts
automaticaly at KDE startup.
If i have started for example Kaffeine, Krusader etc, then when i logout
everything svae to ksmserverrc and when i login back again these programs
starts, but not iceweasel.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:27 AM
Ron Johnson

Yes of course, but there is maybe litle misunderstanding.
I have no problem start iceweasel from KDE, but i want that iceweasel starts
automaticaly at KDE startup.
If i have started for example Kaffeine, Krusader etc, then when i logout
everything svae to ksmserverrc and when i login back again these programs
starts, but not iceweasel.

Ahhhhhh. Have you tried deleting iceweasel from $KDESTARTUP (or
whatever it's called) and then adding it back?

Also, how do you terminate i/w before you log out?

Old 01-06-2009, 08:34 AM
Brad Rogers

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 09:10:18 +0100
komodo <komodo@uvt.cz> wrote:

Hello komodo,

> I have no problem start iceweasel from KDE, but i want that iceweasel
> starts automaticaly at KDE startup.

Create a link to Iceweasel, in ~/.kde/Autostart, or run ascript to start
it in ~/.kde/env perhaps.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is

Well you tried it just the once and found it alright for kicks
Orgasm Addict - Buzzcocks

Old 01-06-2009, 09:33 AM
komodo

On Tuesday 06 January 2009 09:27:40 Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 01/06/09 02:10, komodo wrote:
> > Yes of course, but there is maybe litle misunderstanding.
> > I have no problem start iceweasel from KDE, but i want that iceweasel
> > starts automaticaly at KDE startup.
> > If i have started for example Kaffeine, Krusader etc, then when i logout
> > everything svae to ksmserverrc and when i login back again these programs
> > starts, but not iceweasel.
>
> Ahhhhhh. Have you tried deleting iceweasel from $KDESTARTUP (or
> whatever it's called) and then adding it back?
>
> Also, how do you terminate i/w before you log out?

I don't have iw in $KDESTARTUP, there is ksmserver which is responsible to
save running aplications before logout to file and start after login, but
there is saved xulrunner instead of firefox.

So second question is answered, i don;t terminate iw :-)

Martin

Old 01-06-2009, 12:05 PM
komodo

On Tuesday 06 January 2009 10:34:20 Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 09:10:18 +0100
> komodo <komodo@uvt.cz> wrote:
>
> Hello komodo,
>
> > I have no problem start iceweasel from KDE, but i want that iceweasel
> > starts automaticaly at KDE startup.
>
> Create a link to Iceweasel, in ~/.kde/Autostart, or run ascript to start
> it in ~/.kde/env perhaps.

Hi, yes this is solution, and i knew it, but the question is, why everything
works with ksmserver except icewasel ? :-)
After login I want to start all aplications, which where opened before logout.

As i wrote before, it works perfectly month or two ago, but after some upgrade
it stops, so i think there is some bug, or some change in the iceweasel.

Martin

Old 01-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Ron Johnson

Yes of course, but there is maybe litle misunderstanding.
I have no problem start iceweasel from KDE, but i want that iceweasel
starts automaticaly at KDE startup.
If i have started for example Kaffeine, Krusader etc, then when i logout
everything svae to ksmserverrc and when i login back again these programs
starts, but not iceweasel.

Ahhhhhh. Have you tried deleting iceweasel from $KDESTARTUP (or
whatever it's called) and then adding it back?

Also, how do you terminate i/w before you log out?

I don't have iw in $KDESTARTUP, there is ksmserver which is responsible to
save running aplications before logout to file and start after login, but
there is saved xulrunner instead of firefox.

So second question is answered, i don;t terminate iw :-)

Then, the answer may be that Iceweasel isn't compatible with the
latest version of KDE?

Old 01-06-2009, 04:04 PM
"Andr├ę Neves"

Hi, Martin.

Forgive me for stating the obvious, but the problem here seems to be
that the command that ksmserver is recording isn't working.

Tell us, what happens if you run that command from a terminal? I guess it's

/usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9/xulrunner-stub,--sm-config-prefix,/firefox-bin-J4K7Of/,--sm-clientid,10d3d2d665000123092445600000113340013,--screen,0

... right?

I guess you're probably gonna have trouble with all those commas and
you'll have to figure out what they mean, but it shouldn't be hard.

Regards,
Andr├ę