Old 01-05-2009, 01:20 PM
"Martin, Larry D"

Default New to Linux

I have downloaded the Debian 40r5 for S390 and have it on
CD.

*

When I load the CD into the HMC (zSeries z9BC) and try to do
the “Load from CD/DVD” operation I get:

“"An error
has occurred while trying to obtain a list of the software that can be
loaded."****

*

I am not sure if this is an HMC or a Debian message.* It has a message
number of ACT36201 but I cannot find a reference to that message.

*

Does anyone have an idea what I have done wrong?

*

Thanks,** ……….Larry

*

Larry D. Martin

Mainframe Systems Support

Office of Information Technology and Communications

301.883.7335

*

.................................................. ............................

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Prince George’s County Government or Prince George's County 7th Judicial Circuit Court proprietary information, which is privileged and confidential. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:03 PM
"Eugene V. Lyubimkin"

Martin, Larry D wrote:
> This E-mail and any of its attachments []
This is off-topic, but any info on Debian public lists is publicly archived
and therefore the noted message has no sense.

Ukrainian C++ Developer, Debian Maintainer, APT contributor

Old 01-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Lisi Reisz

On Monday 05 January 2009 14:20:16 Martin, Larry D wrote:
> I have downloaded the Debian 40r5 for S390 and have it on CD.
>

> When I load the CD into the HMC (zSeries z9BC) and try to do the "Load
> from CD/DVD" operation I get:
>
> ""An error has occurred while trying to obtain a list of the software
> that can be loaded."
>

> I am not sure if this is an HMC or a Debian message. It has a message
> number of ACT36201 but I cannot find a reference to that message.
>

> Does anyone have an idea what I have done wrong?

This is purely a guess...

It sounds to me as if you were trying to load the software into your computer
as you would a Windows program.

Or did you download the iso file, create a bootable CD and try to boot from
it?

If the answer is "no" or "You what???", come back again and I'll try to give
you clear instructions. (Or someone else will.)

HTH
Lisi

Old 01-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Frank Lanitz

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 17:03:17 +0200
"Eugene V. Lyubimkin" <jackyf.devel@gmail.com> wrote:

> Martin, Larry D wrote:
> > This E-mail and any of its attachments []
> This is off-topic, but any info on Debian public lists is publicly
> archived and therefore the noted message has no sense.

Notes like this doesn't make sense at all

Cheers,
Frank
--
http://frank.uvena.de/en/