FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-05-2009, 11:55 AM
"Star Liu"
 
Default Anything wrong with the recent update of debian sid amd64?

I made a "apt-get upgrade" today, after that a serious bug appear. At
first, I edited a big javascript file(2633 lines) in eclipse, and
after some operations, my pc dead, I could not run any other command
so I had to press the reset button of my pc to restart it. Then I
thought it was the problem of eclipse, so I changed to gedit to edit
the big javascript file, but after some operations, my pc dead again,
so I know that it's not caused by eclipse or gedit, it should be
caused by a common library.

Anyone know how to solve this problem? thanks


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 01-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Jochen Schulz
 
Default Anything wrong with the recent update of debian sid amd64?

Star Liu:
>
> I made a "apt-get upgrade" today, after that a serious bug appear.

What has been upgraded?

> At
> first, I edited a big javascript file(2633 lines) in eclipse, and
> after some operations, my pc dead, I could not run any other command
> so I had to press the reset button of my pc to restart it.

What about magic SysRQ? Wasn't it possible to switch to a VT? Didn't you
see anything suspicious in /var/log/syslog after rebooting? Do you use
any proprietary kernel modules (e.g. nvidia)?

J.
--
Driving behind lorries carrying hazardous chemicals makes me wish for a
simpler life.
[Agree] [Disagree]
<http://www.slowlydownward.com/NODATA/data_enter2.html>
 
Old 01-06-2009, 01:14 AM
"Star Liu"
 
Default Anything wrong with the recent update of debian sid amd64?

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 10:23 PM, Star Liu <minxinjianxin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 9:19 PM, Jochen Schulz <ml@well-adjusted.de> wrote:
>> Star Liu:
>>>
>>> I made a "apt-get upgrade" today, after that a serious bug appear.
>>
>> What has been upgraded?
> how can i get it?
>
>>> At
>>> first, I edited a big javascript file(2633 lines) in eclipse, and
>>> after some operations, my pc dead, I could not run any other command
>>> so I had to press the reset button of my pc to restart it.
>>
>> What about magic SysRQ?
> what's SysRQ?
> Wasn't it possible to switch to a VT?
> It's not possible to switch to a VT.
>
> Didn't you
>> see anything suspicious in /var/log/syslog after rebooting?
> I don't know how to debug this file, i have attached it
>
> Do you use
>> any proprietary kernel modules (e.g. nvidia)?
> I don't think so
>
> thank you for reply!
>
>> J.
>> --
>> Driving behind lorries carrying hazardous chemicals makes me wish for a
>> simpler life.
>> [Agree] [Disagree]
>> <http://www.slowlydownward.com/NODATA/data_enter2.html>
>>
>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
>> Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
>>
>> iEYEARECAAYFAkliCPcACgkQ+AfZydWK2zmv+wCbBewiOZlI17 BKrmIMpgzJ2PDO
>> z/MAnjg59HzMIDtsbipyEas2iefDLzmF
>> =vg9d
>> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>>
>>
I guess it might be caused by one of my memory was unpluged, now I
have plugged in the lost memory, I hope that will fix my problem.
thanks


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:08 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org