Old 01-05-2009, 09:38 AM
"Zaki Akhmad"

Default Family Tree Program

Old 01-05-2009, 11:19 AM
"Clifford W. Hansen"

On Monday 05 January 2009 12:38:56 Zaki Akhmad wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am looking for family tree program. Anybody can give me suggestion?
>
> --
> Zaki Akhmad

I know it's online as apposed to desktop app

http://www.geni.com

--
Thank you,

Clifford W. Hansen
PHP Developer / Linux Administrator

"We have seen strange things today!"

Old 01-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Brad Rogers

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009 17:38:56 +0700
"Zaki Akhmad" <zakiakhmad@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Zaki,

> I am looking for family tree program. Anybody can give me suggestion?

As Александр suggested; GRAMPS, which is far and away the most mature
genealogical software available for Linux.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is

Bet you thought you knew what I was about
Problem - Sex Pistols

Old 01-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Tzafrir Cohen

On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 05:38:56PM +0700, Zaki Akhmad wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am looking for family tree program. Anybody can give me suggestion?

A keyword for your searches: collecting information about family trees
is called genealogy.

$ apt-cache search genealogy
geneweb - genealogy software with web interface
gramps - Genealogical Research and Analysis Management Program
lifelines - text-based genealogy software
lifelines-doc - documentation for lifelines, a genealogy software system
lifelines-doc-sv - swedish documentation for lifelines, a genealogy software system
lifelines-reports - reports for lifelines, a genealogy software system
texlive-fonts-extra - TeX Live: Extra fonts

Or a bit less strict spelling:

$ apt-cache search geneal
geneweb - genealogy software with web interface
gramps - Genealogical Research and Analysis Management Program
gwsetup - utilities to configure and manipulate Geneweb databases
lifelines - text-based genealogy software
lifelines-doc - documentation for lifelines, a genealogy software system
lifelines-doc-sv - swedish documentation for lifelines, a genealogy software system
lifelines-reports - reports for lifelines, a genealogy software system
texlive-fonts-extra - TeX Live: Extra fonts

I'm not familiar with any of those. Specifically with UTF-8 support in
them.

http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
tzafrir@cohens.org.il | | best
ICQ# 16849754 | | friend

Old 01-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Arthur Marsh

I am looking for family tree program. Anybody can give me suggestion?

--
Zaki Akhmad

www.gramps-project.org

gramps is in Debian