Old 01-05-2009, 12:49 AM
Nate Bargmann

Default Trying to use konsole's own console8x16.pcf.gz in konsole

Believe it or not, I finally fixed this on a box that steadfastly
refused to allow me to enable bitmapped fonts. What I found was some
cruft from an early fontconfig installation that left some files in
/etc/fonts/conf.d that should now consist entirely of symlinks, except
for the README file. Once those were removed reconfiguring
fontconfig-config allowed enabling bitmapped fonts (actually they're
enabled by default).

I found that deleting the ~/.fonts and ~/.fontconfig directories then
allowed Konsole to install the fonts and once restarted they were
available for use.

- Nate >>