Old 01-05-2009, 12:08 AM
"Fernando J. Rodríguez (Herr Groucho)"

Default Trying to use konsole's own console8x16.pcf.gz in konsole

El Dom 04 Ene 2009, Fernando J. Rodríguez (Herr Groucho) escribió:
> I was happily using the font "console8x16.pcf.gz" in konsole until
> yesterday I dist-upgraded my lenny system. The next time I started
> my KDE session, konsole was displaying text in "Andale Mono" (first
> font available in alphabetical order) instead of the
> aformentioned "console8x16" font. I came to this list looking for
> enlightment on how konsole is supposed to use the very font it
> provides in /usr/share/apps/konsole/fonts/...

I found a solution:
https://wiki.kubuntu.org/console8x16

It is a more powerfull magic than the one suggested in Debian bug
#449151.

I still:
- don't understand what fontconfig has to do with the X server and
KDE.
- think that the "install bitmap" menu option in konsole's
Preferences -> Font menu is an ugly hack because the file is already
globally available in the system.
- have to add this information to #449151
- am wondered about the implications of ~/.fonts.

--
Herr Groucho

ID Jabber: groucho@lugmen.org.ar
Señal distintiva: LU5MJR - 144,550 MHz FM.
Clave pública GPG: hkp://pks.lugmen.org.ar
Fingerprint GPG: B7BD 0FC7 D9A2 66F3 4EFC 45EE 7DE2 3932 597B 6354