Old 01-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Andrei Popescu

Default HP Laptopn NVIDIA Graphics Driver Go 6150

On Sat,03.Jan.09, 10:38:19, Marek D wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First off, thank you for all of the hard work. Second, I have a
> laptop HP 9410US that I had installed 4.0r5. I had everything
> working. The problem was in that when I wanted to install the current
> NVIDIA driver v177 X would not start. I understand that repositories
> can cause a potential conflict. The laptop has a 6150Go chipset.
> Any suggestions on what I can do to get this working?

debian-release is not the proper list for such a question, debian-user
is more appropiate (in CC). Please continue there.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)

Old 01-03-2009, 06:50 PM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

Andrei Popescu wrote:

First off, thank you for all of the hard work. Second, I have a
laptop HP 9410US that I had installed 4.0r5. I had everything
working. The problem was in that when I wanted to install the current
NVIDIA driver v177 X would not start. I understand that repositories
can cause a potential conflict. The laptop has a 6150Go chipset.
Any suggestions on what I can do to get this working?

debian-release is not the proper list for such a question, debian-user
is more appropiate (in CC). Please continue there.

Try a legacy release:
NVIDIA-Linux-x86-96.43.07-pkg1.run
or
NVIDIA-Linux-x86-96.43.09-pkg1.run