Old 01-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Aaron Valdes

Default cinelerra video editor

I downloaded the source package and compiled it.
I had to download a load of packages so ./configure script would say yes
to all the requirements.
I also had to add some stuff that configure did not show that it needed
when I ran 'make'
Then when I executed the program it still complained about missing
libraries but I did some symbolic linking and was able to get the
software running.

it is running nicely now.

I searched around and it is not a package for the debian system.
or at least I could not find one.

Does anyone know if there is a current maintainer to this software
editing application?

Old 01-03-2009, 03:31 PM
"B. L. Jilek"

I downloaded the source package and compiled it.

I had to download a load of packages so ./configure script would say yes

to all the requirements.

I also had to add some stuff that configure did not show that it needed

when I ran 'make'

Then when I executed the program it still complained about missing

libraries but I did some symbolic linking and was able to get the

software running.

it is running nicely now.

I searched around and it is not a package for the debian system.

or at least I could not find one.

Does anyone know if there is a current maintainer to this software

editing application?

It's in Debian-multimedia.

http://www.debian-multimedia.org/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/package/cinelerra.php

--