Old 01-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Norbert Stöffler

Default mount old crypto partition

Hi,

I have a crypted disk that I have been carrying with me through several
linux installations (SuSE, Ubuntu). Most recently I was still able to
mount it on Ubuntu using the following fstab entry:

/dev/hdb1 /bup ext2 encryption=twofish,noauto,user,exec

Recently I switched back to Debian. I have installed
loop-aes-modules-2.6-686.

Now when I try to mount the partition, after entering the PW I
immediately get

Error: Password must be at least 20 characters.

(The old PW obviously was shorter)

Any suggestions how to work around that?

Thanks
Norbert

Old 01-03-2009, 11:55 PM
markus reichelt

* Norbert Stöffler <gmane@stoffler.de> wrote:

> Any suggestions how to work around that?

Have you checked http://loop-aes.sourceforge.net/loop-AES.README ?

Sounds like § 2.8 is what you are looking for:

"Compatibility with other loop encryption implementations"

HTH

--
left blank, right bald