Old 01-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Antonio Diaz

Default dpkg-query

* Does exist a command line which allows me
to look for packages of the configured repository? Even though it is
possible that I'm doing something wrong, whenever I use the command
"dpkg-query --list" I don't get the same list of packages that the
search form of Debian's web return to me
("debian.org/distrib/packages".)

Old 01-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Andrei Popescu

On Sat,03.Jan.09, 13:19:21, Antonio Diaz wrote:
> Does exist a command line which allows me to look for packages of the
> configured repository? Even though it is possible that I'm doing something
> wrong, whenever I use the command "dpkg-query --list" I don't get the same
> list of packages that the search form of Debian's web return to me
> ("debian.org/distrib/packages".)

You probably need 'apt-cache search' (faster) or 'aptitude search' (more
complex)

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)