Old 01-02-2009, 01:40 PM
"abdelkader belahcene"

Default compiled driver for webcam

Hi,
I* will* buy a webcam which model to take recognized by linux (debian), core 2.6.26.* or may be 2.6.27
I mean without recompling the kernel.
thanks
bela

Old 01-02-2009, 04:38 PM
"thveillon.debian"

abdelkader belahcene a écrit :
> Hi,
> I will buy a webcam which model to take recognized by linux (debian),
> core 2.6.26. or may be 2.6.27
> I mean without recompling the kernel.
> thanks
> bela
Hi,

Any webcam using the driver uvcvideo will do, uvcvideo is included in
kernel as of 2.6.26 and generally works well.

Here is a list of compatible camera : http://linux-uvc.berlios.de/

I use a Logitech Quickcam pro 9000 and a Creative Live! Cam Optia af,
both working very well. The later has a hardware autofocus, which means
it will work regardless of the software, and it performs well.

Tom

Old 01-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Tzafrir Cohen

On Fri, Jan 02, 2009 at 05:38:28PM +0000, thveillon.debian wrote:
> abdelkader belahcene a écrit :
> > Hi,
> > I will buy a webcam which model to take recognized by linux (debian),
> > core 2.6.26. or may be 2.6.27
> > I mean without recompling the kernel.
> > thanks
> > bela
> Hi,
>
> Any webcam using the driver uvcvideo will do, uvcvideo is included in
> kernel as of 2.6.26 and generally works well.
>
> Here is a list of compatible camera : http://linux-uvc.berlios.de/
>
> I use a Logitech Quickcam pro 9000 and a Creative Live! Cam Optia af,
> both working very well. The later has a hardware autofocus, which means
> it will work regardless of the software, and it performs well.

A no-name camera I bought a while ago was actually supported by gspca.
Compiled gspca modules are available at least for Lenny. A quickCam I have
is actually supported by qc-usb, for which there are also compiled modules
in Debian.

http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
tzafrir@cohens.org.il | | best
ICQ# 16849754 | | friend