Old 01-02-2009, 01:53 PM
Stephen Liu

Default Where to download cyrus-sasl

Hi folks,

Debian Etch
Postfix
MySQL

I need to install cyrus-sasl but can't find it on repo.

I visit;
Debian Cyrus SASL packages
http://pkg-cyrus-sasl2.alioth.debian.org/

but could not discover where to download the package. Please shed me
some light. TIA

B.R.
Stephen L

Old 01-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Alex Potter

On Fri, 02 Jan 2009 16:00:15 +0100, Stephen Liu wrote:

> I need to install cyrus-sasl but can't find it on repo

http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=sasl&searchon=names&suite=stable&s ection=all
or
http://preview.tinyurl.com/9uq5oz

--
Regards
Alex

http://www.badphorm.co.uk/

Old 01-02-2009, 03:15 PM
"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr."

On Friday 2009 January 02 08:53:14 Stephen Liu wrote:
> I need to install cyrus-sasl but can't find it on repo.

cyrus-sasl is broken into 13 different packages on debian:
http://packages.debian.org/source/etch/cyrus-sasl2

To start with, you'll probably want libsasl. Based on the other information
you provided, libsasl2-modules-sql may also be appropriate. All the binary
packages should be in "main", but I haven't confirmed that.

Once you determine the package(s) you need, you can install it just like any
other package:
aptitude install <packages>
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@iguanasuicide.net ((_/)o o(\_))

Old 01-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Andrei Popescu

On Fri,02.Jan.09, 22:53:14, Stephen Liu wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Debian Etch
> Postfix
> MySQL
>
> I need to install cyrus-sasl but can't find it on repo.

I'm guessing you need libsasl2-modules.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)

Old 01-03-2009, 01:14 AM
Stephen Liu

--- Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri,02.Jan.09, 22:53:14, Stephen Liu wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Debian Etch
> > Postfix
> > MySQL
> >
> > I need to install cyrus-sasl but can't find it on repo.
>
> I'm guessing you need libsasl2-modules.
>
> Regards,

Hi Andrei,

Thanks for your advice.

I'm following this howto;
Postfix SMTP AUTH (and TLS) HOWTO
http://postfix.state-of-mind.de/patrick.koetter/smtpauth/index.html

adding SMTP AUTH

This is a routing mail server which is working here already without
problem, running virtual domain (all domains point to ONE external IP).
Incoming mails are routed to their own mail server in the same
network. Remote mail clients can download mails on their own mail
server after login. But the roaming mail clients can't send mails via
their own mail server. I'm trying to build SMTP AUTH.

Any advice which cyrus package/packages I need to installed.

Remark: Perdition is running on this routing mail server.

B.R.
Stephen L

Old 01-03-2009, 01:19 AM
Stephen Liu

--- "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss@iguanasuicide.net> wrote:

> On Friday 2009 January 02 08:53:14 Stephen Liu wrote:
> > I need to install cyrus-sasl but can't find it on repo.
>
> cyrus-sasl is broken into 13 different packages on debian:
> http://packages.debian.org/source/etch/cyrus-sasl2
>
> To start with, you'll probably want libsasl. Based on the other
> information
> you provided, libsasl2-modules-sql may also be appropriate. All the
> binary
> packages should be in "main", but I haven't confirmed that.
>
> Once you determine the package(s) you need, you can install it just
> like any
> other package:
> aptitude install <packages>
> --
> Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.

Hi,

Thanks for your advice.

I'm following this howto;
Postfix SMTP AUTH (and TLS) HOWTO
http://postfix.state-of-mind.de/patrick.koetter/smtpauth/index.html

to build SMTP AUTH

What other packages I need additional to libsasl and
libsasl2-modules-sql? TIA

B.R.
Stephen L

Old 01-03-2009, 01:20 AM
Stephen Liu

--- Alex Potter <linux.debian.user@ap-consulting.co.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 02 Jan 2009 16:00:15 +0100, Stephen Liu wrote:
>
> > I need to install cyrus-sasl but can't find it on repo

http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=sasl&searchon=names&suite=stable&s ection=all
> or
> http://preview.tinyurl.com/9uq5oz
>
> --