Old 01-01-2009, 11:11 PM
"Jeff Zhang"

Default host name/name mismatch of samba

I'm using samba under debian/testing and have set 'dns proxy = no' in /etc/smb.conf, but the log of client gives name mismatch message:

atchname: host name/name mismatch: foo != ...
Matchname failed on foo 192.168.0.128

*
Then I add 'name resolve order = lmhosts host wins bcast' into /etc/smb.conf and created /etc/samba/lmhosts with '192.168.0.128 foo', however it's still same mismatch error in /var/log/samba/192.168.0.128.log.

In the last, I added '192.168.0.128 foo' into /etc/hosts then it works well, however, I dislike the method, is there another way to resolve it?