Old 01-01-2009, 09:23 PM
lostson

Default enemy territory lags badly

Hello
I am trying to get enemy territory to work on my machine. It starts
fine and everything works fine when setting everything up but then when
I connect to a serer to play it starts lagging something horrible. All
the other games I have installed play perfectly fine. Other games I have
installed are Alien Arena, Nexuiz, OpenArena and Unreal Tournament 99. I
am running lenny with a 64 AMD, I have a 7600 GS nvidia card with the
appropriate drivers installed glx works fine with glx gears and i get
great frame rates in Nexuiz I was getting over 200 even when playing
online. I am curious if anyone has had this problem and if they got it
fixed ? I did some googling but have not come up with any answers,
thanks.
--
LostSon

http://lostsonsvault.org

Debian Lenny on amd64

Old 01-02-2009, 01:18 AM
"Douglas A. Tutty"

On Thu, Jan 01, 2009 at 04:23:30PM -0600, lostson wrote:
> I am trying to get enemy territory to work on my machine.

I'm assuming that enemy territory is a game and that telling you do

rm -f /bin/laden

wouldn't help.

especially if /bin/laden was a symlink to /

then

rm -rf /bin/laden

could be a bad thing.

?

Happy new year.

Doug.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:44 PM
Bob McGowan

On Thu, 2009-01-01 at 21:18 -0500, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 01, 2009 at 04:23:30PM -0600, lostson wrote:
> > I am trying to get enemy territory to work on my machine.
>
> I'm assuming that enemy territory is a game and that telling you do
>
> rm -f /bin/laden
>
> wouldn't help.
>
> especially if /bin/laden was a symlink to /
>
> then
>
> rm -rf /bin/laden
>
> could be a bad thing.
>
> ?
>

> Happy new year.
>
> Doug.

I too thought along similar lines, at first. So I googled it:

http://www.enemyterritory.com/

Part of the "Quake Wars", whatever that is

So the OP is a gamer. I don't have any ideas as to what the problem
could be, but it does look legit.

:-3

--
Bob McGowan

Old 01-02-2009, 06:26 PM
"Kelly Clowers"

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 14:23, lostson <lostson@lostsonsvault.org> wrote:
> Hello
> I am trying to get enemy territory to work on my machine. It starts
> fine and everything works fine when setting everything up but then when
> I connect to a serer to play it starts lagging something horrible. All
> the other games I have installed play perfectly fine. Other games I have
> installed are Alien Arena, Nexuiz, OpenArena and Unreal Tournament 99. I
> am running lenny with a 64 AMD, I have a 7600 GS nvidia card with the
> appropriate drivers installed glx works fine with glx gears and i get
> great frame rates in Nexuiz I was getting over 200 even when playing
> online. I am curious if anyone has had this problem and if they got it
> fixed ? I did some googling but have not come up with any answers,
> thanks.

You might have better luck asking in a Linux gfx/gaming community,
e.g. the Phoronix forums.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers

Old 01-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Ken Teague

lostson wrote:
> All the other games I have installed play perfectly fine. Other games
> I have installed are Alien Arena, Nexuiz, OpenArena and Unreal
> Tournament 99.

I'm not familiar with these games, so I'm not sure if they use OpenGL or
if they take advantage of DRI. Check
http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers to make sure it's loading glx.

Kelly Clowers wrote:
> You might have better luck asking in a Linux gfx/gaming community,
> e.g. the Phoronix forums.

I agree. Good luck.

- Ken

Old 01-02-2009, 11:37 PM
"Umarzuki Mochlis"

My prime suspect is the server that you'd joined. Is it crowded? then
there's this possibility glx issue...
2009/1/3, Ken Teague <kteague@pobox.com>:
> lostson wrote:
> > All the other games I have installed play perfectly fine. Other games
> > I have installed are Alien Arena, Nexuiz, OpenArena and Unreal
> > Tournament 99.
>

> I'm not familiar with these games, so I'm not sure if they use OpenGL or
> if they take advantage of DRI. Check
> http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers to make sure it's loading glx.
>

> Kelly Clowers wrote:
> > You might have better luck asking in a Linux gfx/gaming community,
> > e.g. the Phoronix forums.
>

> I agree. Good luck.
>

> - Ken

Umarzuki Mochlis