Old 12-16-2008, 12:37 AM
"wauhugo@yahoo.com"

Default SOLVED: Audio: How to Cut out Seconds of Silence

Brian McKee wrote:

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 3:07 AM, Bob Cox <debian-user@lists.bobcox.com> wrote:

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 19:26:34 -0700, wauhugo@yahoo.com (wauhugo@yahoo.com) wrote:

I have an audio file (wav or mp3 format), which consists of sequences of
useful audio-data - after a few seconds interrupted by about two seconds
of absolute silence.
I could edit the file with AUDACITY manually for to CUT OUT all these
silent seconds.

There's a tool built into Audacity which will do that automatically.
See the effects menu, named something like 'Gap removal'

I note that it's a recent feature - I have it on my Lenny machine at
home, but not here at work where I'm running an older version of
Audacity.

Brian

Thanks to all, which have replied,
I found that it is called "TRUNCATE SILENCE" in Audacity's Effect Menu.
That did it for me.

Hugo Wau