Old 12-15-2008, 03:36 PM
"Stackpole, Chris"

Default laptop recomendations

Whoops. Sorry about that, hit the reply and not reply-to-list button the
first time...

I have been /very/ happy with my laptop from Linux Certified [1]. I have
recommended them to others and as far as I know, they have been very
happy with them as well. I have a 2100 and I travel quite a bit with it
plus use it frequently at home.

The great thing about these laptops is that I have never really had a
problem with drivers in any of the Linux distros I have tried. In some
cases not all of the drivers are present at install, but they are
available for Linux. I had to track down a few drivers for Slackware,
but Ubuntu 8.10 required no extra drivers or configuration after
install.

I am not 100% sure about the other models, but all the fancy compiz
features work really nicely on the 2100.

Just my 2 cents.

[1] http://www.linuxcertified.com/linux_laptops.html

Have fun!
~S~