Old 12-15-2008, 09:23 AM
lostson

Default rhythmbox questions

Hello
I am using Lenny and have noticed when starting rhythmbox that most of
the plugins fail to load. For instance cover art, jamendo and Magnatune
pop up windows that say unable to activate plugin. I have looked for a
package maybe i missed with via synaptic but havent found anything. Is
there something I have missed perhaps, thanks.
--
LostSon

http://lostsonsvault.org

Old 12-17-2008, 12:31 AM
Chris Burkhardt

lostson wrote:
> Hello
> I am using Lenny and have noticed when starting rhythmbox that most of
> the plugins fail to load. For instance cover art, jamendo and Magnatune
> pop up windows that say unable to activate plugin. I have looked for a
> package maybe i missed with via synaptic but havent found anything. Is
> there something I have missed perhaps, thanks.

I don't experience those issues. If you haven't already, you might want to try
to purge the rhythmbox package and then reinstall it.

- Chris

Old 12-17-2008, 03:30 AM
Chris Burkhardt

lostson wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-12-16 at 18:31 -0700, Chris Burkhardt wrote:
>
>> lostson wrote:
>>
>>> Hello
>>> I am using Lenny and have noticed when starting rhythmbox that most of
>>> the plugins fail to load. For instance cover art, jamendo and Magnatune
>>> pop up windows that say unable to activate plugin. I have looked for a
>>> package maybe i missed with via synaptic but havent found anything. Is
>>> there something I have missed perhaps, thanks.
>>>
>> I don't experience those issues. If you haven't already, you might want to try
>> to purge the rhythmbox package and then reinstall it.
>>
>> - Chris
>>

> I just did a fresh install today and I still suffer from the same issue
> so not sure if that would help.

Searching google for: 'rhythmbox "unable to activate plugin"' turns up
several people who say installing the following two packages fixed the
problem:

libgnomevfs2-extra
python-gst

I do have both of those installed already, which would explain why I
haven't seen the plugin errors.

- Chris

Old 12-18-2008, 03:03 AM
lostson

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 21:30:52 -0700
Chris Burkhardt <chris@mretc.net> wrote:

> lostson wrote:

> >> I don't experience those issues. If you haven't already, you might
> >> want to try to purge the rhythmbox package and then reinstall it.
> >>
> >> - Chris
> >>

> > I just did a fresh install today and I still suffer from the same
> > issue so not sure if that would help.
> >

> Searching google for: 'rhythmbox "unable to activate plugin"' turns up
> several people who say installing the following two packages fixed the
> problem:
>
> libgnomevfs2-extra
> python-gst
>
> I do have both of those installed already, which would explain why I
> haven't seen the plugin errors.
>
> - Chris

I have the gnomevfs2-extra installed but apt says it cannot find
python-gst for some reason

< ---- >
LostSon

http://lostsonsvault.org

Old 12-18-2008, 06:25 PM
"Ismael Scalcon"

that's because python-gst must be accompanied (that's how it's
spelled?) by the version number.

try do "aptitude install python-gst0.10"

I was having the same problem, and yesterday installed python-gst and
all was solved.