Old 12-14-2008, 09:50 PM

Default virtualbox-ose problem: how to run "modprobe vboxdrv" automatically

hi all,
i installed virtualbox following advices in previus treads. it's working ok, but
my problem is that modprobe don't seem to be presistant i.e i need to
run "modprobe vboxdrv" as root every time i restart. is there any way to
make it load the module automatically?

thanks,

Alon

Old 12-14-2008, 10:12 PM
Davide Mancusi

> i installed virtualbox following advices in previus treads. it's
> working ok, but my problem is that modprobe don't seem to be
> presistant i.e i need to run "modprobe vboxdrv" as root every time i
> restart. is there any way to make it load the module automatically?

Modules listed in /etc/modules will be modprobe'd automatically
at boot.

Cheers,
Davide

--
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Old 12-14-2008, 11:46 PM
Thilo Six

Rene Engelhard wrote the following on 15.12.2008 00:14

> Hi,
>
> salonh@t2.technion.ac.il wrote:
>> i installed virtualbox following advices in previus treads. it's working ok, but
>> my problem is that modprobe don't seem to be presistant i.e i need to
>> run "modprobe vboxdrv" as root every time i restart. is there any way to
>> make it load the module automatically?
>
> RTFM.
>
> (/etc/modules)
>
> Grüße/Regards,
>
> René

RTFMen hat ergeben:

<-------------------------------------------
$ grep -C 3 vboxdrv etc/init.d/virtualbox-ose
case "$1" in
start)
# try to insert module but do not fail if not possible
if [ "$LOAD_VBOXDRV_MODULE" = 1 ]; then
/sbin/modprobe -q vboxdrv || true
fi
start_network
;;
stop)
stop_network
if [ "$LOAD_VBOXDRV_MODULE" = 1 ]; then
/sbin/modprobe -qr vboxdrv || true
fi
;;
restart|reload)
--------------------------------------------->

Alon welchen Kernel benutzt du?

--
bye Thilo

key: 0x4A411E09

Old 12-15-2008, 04:41 PM
Thilo Six

<- *snip* ->

> <-------------------------------------------
> $ grep -C 3 vboxdrv etc/init.d/virtualbox-ose
> case "$1" in
> start)
> # try to insert module but do not fail if not possible
> if [ "$LOAD_VBOXDRV_MODULE" = 1 ]; then
> /sbin/modprobe -q vboxdrv || true
> fi
> start_network
> ;;
> stop)
> stop_network
> if [ "$LOAD_VBOXDRV_MODULE" = 1 ]; then
> /sbin/modprobe -qr vboxdrv || true
> fi
> ;;
> restart|reload)
>
> Alon welchen Kernel benutzt du?

:%s:Alon welchen Kernel benutzt du?:Alon which kernerl are you using?:gc

--
bye Thilo

key: 0x4A411E09