Old 12-14-2008, 03:26 AM
ZephyrQ

Default reading USB port on old Thinkpad

I am trying to use an old Thinkpad 309e. (PII, 128M memory). Etch runs
fine (if slow) but I am using it as sound production
(recording/playback) machine.

Only problem is that I can't get the files OFF the laptop to
mix/edit/burn on my home machine. It has a USB port, but I've tried a
few things (including some BIOS settings) and I can't get it to read my
thumb drives (they work on all other machines, including the linux
ones). It does not have a cd-burner on it and I've tried to use the
e-net cable to connect to my desktop but really don't know how to make
that work (I was hoping it would magically read the other computer as a
remote drive...silly me...).

How do I get it to read my thumbdrive?