-   -   wlan0 + eth0 = br0 (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/211303-wlan0-eth0-br0.html)

Jerome BENOIT 12-13-2008 04:04 PM

wlan0 + eth0 = br0

Hello List,

on my Lenny laptop I am trying to build a bridge grouping together the wireless and the wired cards:
I encounter the classical issue

(wlan0|eth0): received packet with own address as source address

I have googled to find a fix, but so far I have found nothing.

My feeling is that ebtables can be used to fix it, but I am lost.

Any suggestion or idea is welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Jerome

--
Jerome BENOIT
jgmbenoit_at_mailsnare_dot_net

Christopher Zimmermann 12-13-2008 06:02 PM

wlan0 + eth0 = br0

Hi!

is this even possible? I think I once tried it and found out that its
not possible because wlans don't use arp or something like that.

Christopher

"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." 12-13-2008 11:13 PM

wlan0 + eth0 = br0

On Saturday 2008 December 13 13:02:15 Christopher Zimmermann wrote:
>is this even possible? I think I once tried it and found out that its
>not possible because wlans don't use arp or something like that.

Yeah, that's an issue, but there's an arp-proxy in some package that can solve
that, IIRC.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. * * * * * * * * * * ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03@volumehost.net * * * * * * * * * * *((_/)o o(\_))

"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." 12-13-2008 11:18 PM

wlan0 + eth0 = br0

On Saturday 2008 December 13 11:04:05 Jerome BENOIT wrote:
>(wlan0|eth0): received packet with own address as source address
>
>I have googled to find a fix, but so far I have found nothing.

My best guess is to make sure STP is turned on for the bridge, but that's it.

Jerome BENOIT 12-14-2008 03:41 AM

wlan0 + eth0 = br0

Thanks for the replies:
I have tried with STP on, but I got the same.

Is there any good on a laptop to manage together the wlan0 and the eth0 cards ?

Thanks in advance,
Jerome

Chris Davies 12-15-2008 08:00 AM

wlan0 + eth0 = br0

Jerome BENOIT <jgmbenoit@mailsnare.net> wrote:
> Is there any good on a laptop to manage together the wlan0 and the
> eth0 cards ?

Google for "linux ethernet wireless bridge together proxy arp"
Chris