Old 12-13-2008, 02:32 PM
Rodolfo Medina

Default Conversion from jpg to video

In another thread on this list it came out that gimp-gap is able to convert a
jpg file into mpeg format, but I didn't manage to. Maybe further installations
are required.

Please can anyone suggest how to do what I want with gimp-gap or any other
tool? I need mpeg, MPEG-2, mp4...

Thanks for any help
Rodolfo

Old 12-13-2008, 03:01 PM
Ron Johnson

In another thread on this list it came out that gimp-gap is able to convert a
jpg file into mpeg format, but I didn't manage to. Maybe further installations
are required.

Please can anyone suggest how to do what I want with gimp-gap or any other
tool? I need mpeg, MPEG-2, mp4...

mencoder can do it. (I found it with Google a few days ago, but
don't now remember where.)

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

How does being physically handicapped make me Differently-Abled?
What different abilities do I have?

Old 12-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Pedro Insua

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 10:01:38AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 12/13/08 09:32, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
>> In another thread on this list it came out that gimp-gap is able to convert a
>> jpg file into mpeg format, but I didn't manage to. Maybe further installations
>> are required.
>>
>> Please can anyone suggest how to do what I want with gimp-gap or any other
>> tool? I need mpeg, MPEG-2, mp4...

You can use gimp-gap to do it...

> mencoder can do it. (I found it with Google a few days ago, but don't
> now remember where.)

Yes, mencoder can do it. In 'mplayer-doc' package (marillat
repositories).

,----
| 13.8. Encoding from multiple input image files (JPEG, PNG, TGA,
| etc.)
|
| MEncoder is capable of creating movies from one or more JPEG, PNG,
| TGA, or other image files. With simple framecopy it can create MJPEG
| (Motion JPEG), MPNG (Motion PNG) or MTGA (Motion TGA) files.
`----

file:///usr/share/doc/mplayer-doc/HTML/en/menc-feat-enc-images.html

--
Porqu�oitar e matar, se podes amar e sonhar

/"
/ CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
X ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
/

Old 12-14-2008, 08:41 AM
Emanoil Kotsev

Pedro Insua wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 10:01:38AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
>> On 12/13/08 09:32, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
>>> In another thread on this list it came out that gimp-gap is able to
>>> convert a
>>> jpg file into mpeg format, but I didn't manage to. Maybe further
>>> installations are required.
>>>
>>> Please can anyone suggest how to do what I want with gimp-gap or any
>>> other
>>> tool? I need mpeg, MPEG-2, mp4...
>
> You can use gimp-gap to do it...
>

>> mencoder can do it. (I found it with Google a few days ago, but don't
>> now remember where.)
>
> Yes, mencoder can do it. In 'mplayer-doc' package (marillat
> repositories).

Pedro, the Rodolfo is asking how!

Old 12-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Pedro Insua

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 10:41:27AM +0100, Emanoil Kotsev wrote:
> Pedro Insua wrote:

> > You can use gimp-gap to do it...
> >

> >> mencoder can do it. (I found it with Google a few days ago, but don't
> >> now remember where.)
> >
> > Yes, mencoder can do it. In 'mplayer-doc' package (marillat
> > repositories).
> >

> Pedro, the Rodolfo is asking how!

Hi Emanoil. Yes , i know it. But if he install the 'mplayer-doc'
package, and then go to:

file:///usr/share/doc/mplayer-doc/HTML/en/menc-feat-enc-images.html

He'll can read the examples to solve the problem.

Before, if he try in google with [linux create movie with png], the
first entry is 'mencoder'. There's a lot of entries about that.

Now, He can read the solution to solve his problem. But well... i'll
put here the examples of the documentation (....)

mplayer-doc, 13.8. Encoding from multiple input image files (JPEG,
PNG, TGA, etc.):

,----
| Creating an MPEG-4 file from all the JPEG files in the current directory:
|
| mencoder mf://*.jpg -mf w=800:h=600:fps=25:type=jpg -ovc lavc
| -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:mbd=2:trell -oac copy -o output.avi
|
| Creating an MPEG-4 file from some JPEG files in the current directory:
|
| mencoder mf://frame001.jpg,frame002.jpg -mf w=800:h=600:fps=25:type=jpg
| -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:mbd=2:trell -oac copy -o output.avi
|
| Creating an MPEG-4 file from explicit list of JPEG files (list.txt
| in current directory contains the list of files to use as source,
| one per line):
|
| mencoder mf://@list.txt -mf w=800:h=600:fps=25:type=jpg
| -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:mbd=2:trell -oac copy -o output.avi
`----
(Read mplayer-doc at 13.8)