Old 12-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Dennis Wicks

Default How to import T-bird files from Windows to Debian/lenny?

Greetings;

Since my wife's Windows machine has degraded to the point
that it is barely usable I have managed to convince her it
is time to move up to Linux! Hooray!

The latest problem is how can I, if I can at all, import her
T-bird mail folders/files/address books from Windows to
Debian? I sure hope this is an FAQ some where!

Many TIA!
Dennis

Old 12-12-2008, 10:24 PM
Jochen Schulz

Dennis Wicks:

> The latest problem is how can I, if I can at all, import her T-bird mail
> folders/files/address books from Windows to Debian? I sure hope this is
> an FAQ some where!

It may be enough to just copy her profile folder to
~/.mozilla-thunderbird.

J.
--
My clothes aren't just fashion. They're a lifestyle.
[Agree] [Disagree]

Old 12-13-2008, 11:23 AM
Florian Kulzer

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 16:41:09 -0600, Dennis Wicks wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> Since my wife's Windows machine has degraded to the point that it is
> barely usable I have managed to convince her it is time to move up to
> Linux! Hooray!
>
> The latest problem is how can I, if I can at all, import her T-bird mail
> folders/files/address books from Windows to Debian? I sure hope this is
> an FAQ some where!

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_data_to_a_new_profile_-_Thunderbird
http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/hoanga/2006/04/01/migrating-a-thunderbird-profile-from-windows-xp-to-linux/

(Google is, at least sometimes, your friend...)

Florian |