Old 12-12-2008, 07:34 AM
Phillipus Gunawan

Default whereis php

Hi there,

I am using debian etch/lenny
I installed PHP5 using apt-get
I seems can not find my executable php
whereis php giving me result:
php:
thats it

I also installed php5-cgi which also didnt give me anything
I expect to see my executable php in /usr/lib or /lib or somewhere similar
but already checked everywhere

any help please?

Start your day with Yahoo!7 and win a Sony Bravia TV. Enter now http://au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset/?p1=other&p2=au&p3=tagline

Old 12-12-2008, 07:38 AM
"hari haran.spc"

I also installed php5-cgi which also didnt give me anything

I expect to see my executable php in /usr/lib or /lib or somewhere similar

but already checked everywhere

any help please?

* * *Start your day with Yahoo!7 and win a Sony Bravia TV. Enter now http://au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset/?p1=other&p2=au&p3=tagline

Have you ever user this command "whereis" php or php5 . Try to use this and get to know the exact path of executable file .
--
S.Vellingiri,
Associate Systems Engineer,

bk systems,
chennai.
hariharan.spc@gmail.com

Old 12-12-2008, 07:50 AM
François Cerbelle

Le Ven 12 décembre 2008 09:34, Phillipus Gunawan a écrit :
> Hi there,
> I am using debian etch/lenny
> I installed PHP5 using apt-get
> I seems can not find my executable php
[...]
> I also installed php5-cgi which also didnt give me anything
> I expect to see my executable php in /usr/lib or /lib or somewhere similar
> but already checked everywhere
> any help please?

You can try to find the packages which have a "php" file :
dpkg -S php

Or you can look the files installed by a given package :
dpkg -L php5-cgi

finally, you can update the file database with "updatedb" and then query
the database with "locate php"

But I think there is something called "php5-cli" (for Command Line
Interface" :
http://packages.debian.org/etch/php5-cli

;-)

Have a nice day