Old 12-12-2008, 04:01 AM
rjubio

Default POWER FAILURE(SOLVED)

I found a file in the /etc partition called nologin. I just removed it.
Voila! I got connected.

Thanks for the help

Jeff D wrote:

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008, rjubio wrote:

I am experiencing some kind of error regarding a recent power failure in our
campus.

When I try sshing to on of our server I get an error message:

POWER FAILURE
then I get thrown back to the login prompt.

Any suggestions how to go on this.
Thanks!

ROD

I'm going to guess someone is working on it and has set up nologin .. If
this is a machine you admin , I'd suggest trying to get physical console
access ..

Jeff

Old 12-12-2008, 01:05 PM
"Douglas A. Tutty"

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 01:01:08PM +0800, rjubio wrote:
> I found a file in the /etc partition called nologin. I just removed it.
> Voila! I got connected.

The root problem really isn't solved. Who put the nologin file that
said powerfail (or whatever) there in the first place? What was its
timestamp?

Note that /etc is not a partition but a directory in the root
filesystem.

Doug.