Old 12-12-2008, 03:13 AM
rjubio

Default POWER FAILURE

I am experiencing some kind of error regarding a recent power failure in
our campus.

When I try sshing to on of our server I get an error message:

POWER FAILURE
then I get thrown back to the login prompt.

Any suggestions how to go on this.
Thanks!

ROD

Old 12-12-2008, 03:35 AM
Jeff D

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008, rjubio wrote:

> I am experiencing some kind of error regarding a recent power failure in our
> campus.
>
> When I try sshing to on of our server I get an error message:
>
> POWER FAILURE
> then I get thrown back to the login prompt.
>
> Any suggestions how to go on this.
> Thanks!
>
> ROD

I'm going to guess someone is working on it and has set up nologin .. If
this is a machine you admin , I'd suggest trying to get physical console
access ..

Jeff

Old 12-12-2008, 03:55 AM
"Rod James Bio"

Well that's a problem. I am using a Mac X server that doesnt have a VGA behind it. What I tried though was to unmount the harddisk manually and mount it on another X server that I have. I know that a lock file of some sort has to be deleted to fix the problem.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:04 PM
"Douglas A. Tutty"

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 12:55:25PM +0800, Rod James Bio wrote:
> Well that's a problem. I am using a Mac X server that doesnt have a VGA
> behind it. What I tried though was to unmount the harddisk manually and
> mount it on another X server that I have. I know that a lock file of some
> sort has to be deleted to fix the problem.

You have a box to which you cannot get console access? What about a
serial console?

Doug.