Old 12-11-2008, 04:10 PM
"Todd A. Jacobs"

Default Etch: iceweasel crashing with EAGAIN error

I'm running the lastest version of iceweasel on Etch, and am finding
that the browser crashes regularly with a segmentation fault. When I run
strace, I get "EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)" as part of the
trace just before it dies altogether.

I googled around and didn't really find any open bugs or other comments
on this particular issue. Is anyone else having problems with iceweasel
on Etch? Is there a workaround?

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"
-- Doctor Who, "Destiny of the Daleks"

Old 12-11-2008, 05:57 PM
Sven Joachim

On 2008-12-11 18:10 +0100, Todd A. Jacobs wrote:

> I'm running the lastest version of iceweasel on Etch, and am finding
> that the browser crashes regularly with a segmentation fault. When I run
> strace, I get "EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)" as part of the
> trace just before it dies altogether.
>
> I googled around and didn't really find any open bugs or other comments
> on this particular issue. Is anyone else having problems with iceweasel
> on Etch? Is there a workaround?

While I don't use Etch, two things you can do come to mind:

- run iceweasel -safe-mode and see if the problem persists.

- install the iceweasel-dbg package and run iceweasel -g in the hope of
getting a backtrace.

I would start with the second option and report a bug in the BTS with
the backtrace as soon as a crash happens.

Sven