Old 12-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Charles Blair

Default Emacs22: how do I get the info file?

I have a lenny installation that is pretty close to default,
with emacs22.

On previous emacs versions, control-H-i gave me access to
an impressive collection of emacs documentation as info files.
When I try that now, all I have been able to get is an emacs faq.

Is there a separate package that has the info files for emacs22?

Also, I have had trouble getting documentation for calc on the
new emacs (formerly esc-#-i).

Old 12-11-2008, 03:40 AM
Ansgar Burchardt

Hi,

Charles Blair <c-blair@illinois.edu> writes:
> On previous emacs versions, control-H-i gave me access to
> an impressive collection of emacs documentation as info files.
> When I try that now, all I have been able to get is an emacs faq.
>
> Is there a separate package that has the info files for emacs22?

The documentation for emacs and calc is provided in non-free in the
`emacs22-common-non-dfsg' package.

It cannot be included in Debian main as some files are released under
the GNU Free Documentation License with invariant sections, which Debian
does not consider free. See the copyright file in the package for the
details.

Regards,
Ansgar

--
PGP: 1024D/595FAD19 739E 2D09 0969 BEA9 9797 B055 DDB0 2FF7 595F AD19