Old 12-10-2008, 01:35 PM
tyler

Default Funny characters in doc-central/iceweasel

Hi,

I have doc-central installed, and for some reason there are ¬ (that's an
A-hat, or A circumflex) characters scattered throughout the documents.
For example:

Chapter¬ 10.¬ System tips

In the Debian Manual. I checked the page source, and the same character
appears in the source code. I tried to change the font and encoding, but
everything I tried produces the same character. This doesn't seem right,
but I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Tyler

--
Power corrupts. PowerPoint corrupts absolutely.
--Edward Tufte

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/11.09/ppt2.html