Old 12-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Andreas Schroth

Default gnome-system-tools cannot access system configuration

Hello,

recently I noticed that gnome-system-tools like e.g. users-admin no longer
work on my system. In all cases the error messages states that the
configuration cannot be accessed. This happens even if I log in as root.

I checked the permissions of the executables. They seem to be allright.
Adding a new user with the appropriate kde-tool works, but not with the
gnome-tool.

I run lenny with kernel 2.6.26-1-amd64.

Any hint is appreciated.

Thanks,