Old 12-09-2008, 07:41 PM
"Jesus arteche"

Default Problem compiling in amd64

hey,

I'm compiling a mod for apache ...and i discover that it is designed jus for x86 not for amd64...and i get this error :

*relocation R_X86_64_32S against `a local symbol' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC

mod_waklog.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
apxs:Error: Command failed with rc=65536

I found some help in their web...but the help is just for RH...someone know how to to do it in debian...thats the trick:

edit src/cf/osconf.m4 to set CCOBJ to -fPIC for whatever platform you

have (amd64_linux26?)

If someone knows another trick is welcomed.

thanks

Old 12-09-2008, 07:43 PM
"Eugene V. Lyubimkin"

Jesus arteche wrote:
> hey,
>
> I'm compiling a mod for apache ...and i discover that it is designed jus
> for x86 not for amd64...and i get this error :
>
> relocation R_X86_64_32S against `a local symbol' can not be used when
> making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
> mod_waklog.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> apxs:Error: Command failed with rc=65536
>
> I found some help in their web...but the help is just for RH...someone
> know how to to do it in debian...thats the trick:
>
> edit src/cf/osconf.m4 to set CCOBJ to -fPIC for whatever platform you
> have (amd64_linux26?)
This is not a trick, this is a solution. Find top-level Makefile (or some its source it is
generated from) and add '-fPIC' to CFLAGS variable.

Ukrainian C++ developer, Debian APT contributor