Old 12-09-2008, 07:29 PM
"H.S."

Default pulseaudio: working in Testing and Unstable

Hello,

Just restarting this discussion again.

I had earlier written about how pulseaudio was a pita when installing on
Debian. Well, since I have had an opportunity to install it on Ubuntu
and get it working. After that experience, I revisited it on Debain
Testing, and followed the same steps and it worked great! Next, I was
able to make it work on Debain Unstable as well.

Now youtube is working, BBC vidoes are working, skype is working, etc.
Haven't tried audacity yet.

I can change the output device from pulseaudio's device chooser. The
applet is working nicely in KDE. However, in KDE's sound system, ESD
needs to be selected for pulseaudio to work.

Just my few cents.

ever having been read.