Old 12-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Emanoil Kotsev

Default running evolution in KDE and the wallet/keypass integration

Hello to everybody,

How can I make evolution use the kwallet when started in KDE. It was working
perfectly in SuSE and Kubuntu, but under Debian it looks for password in
the gnome keypass manager.

Thanks in advance

Old 12-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Emanoil Kotsev

Emanoil Kotsev wrote:

> Hello to everybody,
>
> How can I make evolution use the kwallet when started in KDE. It was
> working perfectly in SuSE and Kubuntu, but under Debian it looks for
> password in the gnome keypass manager.
>
> Thanks in advance

ping

Somebody be kind and tell me how to do it. I'll ask also at kde-pim.

regards

Old 12-11-2008, 07:03 PM
"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr."

On Thursday 2008 December 11 12:18:25 Emanoil Kotsev wrote:
>Emanoil Kotsev wrote:
>> How can I make evolution use the kwallet when started in KDE.
>
>Somebody be kind and tell me how to do it.

I didn't ignore your post, I just don't know how to do it. Based on my
understanding of the kwallet subsystem, it would require patching evolution,
and it's possible that the patches are not in Debian. You might investigate
the source packages from other distributions to see if you can identify the
patch.

As a last resort, you might try filing a wishlist bug. No guarantees that
route either.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. * * * * * * * * * * ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03@volumehost.net * * * * * * * * * * *((_/)o o(\_))

Old 12-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Emanoil Kotsev

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:

> On Thursday 2008 December 11 12:18:25 Emanoil Kotsev wrote:
>>Emanoil Kotsev wrote:
>>> How can I make evolution use the kwallet when started in KDE.
>>
>>Somebody be kind and tell me how to do it.
>
> I didn't ignore your post, I just don't know how to do it. Based on my
> understanding of the kwallet subsystem, it would require patching
> evolution,
> and it's possible that the patches are not in Debian. You might
> investigate the source packages from other distributions to see if you can
> identify the patch.
>
> As a last resort, you might try filing a wishlist bug. No guarantees that
> route either.

hm, this is very strange.
I thought it might be easier over some internal communication or variable

thanks for the information anyway