Old 12-09-2008, 05:47 AM
Bernd Kloss

Default supported hardwa scanner

Lenny

Hello,

in search for a flatbed scanner I looked through

http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-CANON

I could not find any newer scanners by Canon that are ranked
good or complete.

Are there any experiences with Canon LiDe 90 or 100?

Generelly speaking:
Where do I find recent information about supported hardware?

Thank you

Bernd Kloss

Old 12-09-2008, 08:17 AM
Anthony Campbell

On 09 Dec 2008, Bernd Kloss wrote:
> Lenny
>
> Hello,
>
> in search for a flatbed scanner I looked through
>

> http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-CANON
>
> I could not find any newer scanners by Canon that are ranked
> good or complete.
>
> Are there any experiences with Canon LiDe 90 or 100?
>

> Generelly speaking:
> Where do I find recent information about supported hardware?
>
> Thank you
>
> Bernd Kloss

I don't think they are supported. I had a lot of discussion here and on
a linux newsgroup about this a few months ago. The consensus seemed to
be that flatbed scanners are becoming extinct and you are pretty much
condemned to buy a combined printer and scanner. I'm just keeping my
fingers crossed that my trusty Epson Perfection 1650 goes on working.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
and sceptical articles)

Old 12-09-2008, 11:09 AM
"thveillon.debian"

Anthony Campbell a écrit :
> On 09 Dec 2008, Bernd Kloss wrote:
>> Lenny
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> in search for a flatbed scanner I looked through
>>

>> http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-CANON
>>
>> I could not find any newer scanners by Canon that are ranked
>> good or complete.
>>
>> Are there any experiences with Canon LiDe 90 or 100?
>>

>> Generelly speaking:
>> Where do I find recent information about supported hardware?
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> Bernd Kloss

Hi, I would recommend going to the Sane website
http://www.sane-project.org/sane-supported-devices.html

they have a compatibility list for both the stable version and
development one. If your scanner is not in there, it might work with
commercial softwares like vuescan http://www.hamrick.com/

Canon has a bad history record regarding linux compatibility...

Tom