Old 12-09-2008, 03:29 AM
"Kelly Clowers"

Default Perl modules

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 19:15, Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 21:04:28 -0600
> "M.Lewis" <cajun@cajuninc.com> wrote:
>

>> Recently, I needed to install a perl module that I was not able to find
>> with synaptic or aptitude using the 'normal' repositories. I believe the
>> module was File::Find::Path.
>>
>> I know I can install this module via CPAN. Is this the recommended
>> method when a module is not available in the 'normal' repositories?
>
> There's apparently a tool called 'dh-make-perl'. I've never used it,
> but here's a guide:
>
> http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/78

I have used dh-make-perl, and found it very straight-forward,
despite having little perl knowledge and no .deb making
knowledge. I highly recommend it.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers

Old 12-09-2008, 03:36 AM
"M.Lewis"

Kelly Clowers wrote:

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 19:15, Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 21:04:28 -0600
"M.Lewis" <cajun@cajuninc.com> wrote:

Recently, I needed to install a perl module that I was not able to find
with synaptic or aptitude using the 'normal' repositories. I believe the
module was File::Find::Path.

I know I can install this module via CPAN. Is this the recommended
method when a module is not available in the 'normal' repositories?

There's apparently a tool called 'dh-make-perl'. I've never used it,
but here's a guide:

I have used dh-make-perl, and found it very straight-forward,
despite having little perl knowledge and no .deb making
knowledge. I highly recommend it.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers

Thanks Kelly, Celejar and Ken. I will give this a whirl. Looks simple.

Thanks,
Mike

--

Programming just with goto's is like swatting flies with a sledgehammer.
22:35:01 up 4 days, 22:36, 4 users, load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.00

Linux Registered User #241685 http://counter.li.org