Old 12-09-2008, 02:04 AM
"M.Lewis"

Default Perl modules

Recently, I needed to install a perl module that I was not able to find
with synaptic or aptitude using the 'normal' repositories. I believe the
module was File::Find::Path.

I know I can install this module via CPAN. Is this the recommended
method when a module is not available in the 'normal' repositories?

Thanks,
Mike

--

Unprecedented performance: Nothing ever ran this slow before.
21:00:01 up 4 days, 21:01, 4 users, load average: 0.00, 0.04, 0.06

Linux Registered User #241685 http://counter.li.org

Old 12-09-2008, 02:15 AM
Celejar

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 21:04:28 -0600
"M.Lewis" <cajun@cajuninc.com> wrote:

> Recently, I needed to install a perl module that I was not able to find
> with synaptic or aptitude using the 'normal' repositories. I believe the
> module was File::Find::Path.
>
> I know I can install this module via CPAN. Is this the recommended
> method when a module is not available in the 'normal' repositories?

There's apparently a tool called 'dh-make-perl'. I've never used it,
but here's a guide:

> Mike

Celejar