Old 12-09-2008, 02:09 AM
"Zaki Akhmad"

Default Restrict Root Login from Internet

Hi,

How do I implement more restrict access control? I want to disable
root login directly from Internet. So someone must login first as a
user then after successfully login as user he/she login as a root.

--
Zaki Akhmad

Old 12-09-2008, 02:13 AM
Celejar

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 10:09:09 +0700
"Zaki Akhmad" <zakiakhmad@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How do I implement more restrict access control? I want to disable
> root login directly from Internet. So someone must login first as a
> user then after successfully login as user he/she login as a root.

If you're referring to ssh, do 'man sshd_config' and grep for
'PermitRootLogin'.

> Zaki Akhmad

Celejar