Old 12-07-2008, 08:07 AM
Thierry Chatelet

Default OT: Label printer

Hi,
I have to give advice to a friend to buy a label printer that will work under
Debian. Any advice from someone that as one working?
Thanks
Thierry

Old 12-11-2008, 12:42 AM
Dave Thayer

On Sun, Dec 07, 2008 at 10:07:56AM +0100, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> Hi,
> I have to give advice to a friend to buy a label printer that will work under
> Debian. Any advice from someone that as one working?

I've been using a brother QL-500 for a while with good results.
Brother has a linux support page for this model at
<http://solutions.brother.com/bsc_ph/os/linux/linux_ql500550.html>

I bought mine refurbed about a year ago for about USD$30, and I see
that here in the States buy.com has them new for $35 shipped.

HTH

dt

--
Dave Thayer | Whenever you read a good book, it's like the
Denver, Colorado USA | author is right there, in the room talking to