Old 12-04-2008, 04:48 PM
"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr."

Default strange system mail : what does this mean ?

[CC'd because you mail headers indicate you want replies sent to your
address.]

On Thursday 04 December 2008, Bernard <bdebreil@teaser.fr> wrote
about 'strange system mail : what does this mean ?':
>/boot/lost+found#cd #171379
>/#

The octothorpe ('#') marks the beginning of a comment if it is the first
character in a taken. Quote it in some fashion (e.g. #171379, '#171379',
or "#171379") to avoid treating the rest of the physical line as a
comment.

I think bash also has a feature to turn off "interactive comments" if you
don't use them. I do.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03@volumehost.net ((_/)o o(\_))

Old 12-04-2008, 04:52 PM
"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr."

On Thursday 04 December 2008, Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> wrote
about 'Re: strange system mail : what does this mean ?':
>Two of them: install anacron ASAP and upgrade to Etch.

I agree. I install anacron even on system intended to be on 24x7 so that
cron jobs aren't missed during downtime. Also, IIRC, security updates
have stopped flowing to sarge and that's not good.