Old 12-04-2008, 01:37 PM
Chris

Default Automatix w/Lenny?

Greetings,

I know that after a certain release of Ubuntu it was suggested NOT to
use Automatix.

Can I get input on the pros and cons of using that w/Lenny please?

--
Best regards,

Chris

"There's no place like 127.0.0.1"

Old 12-04-2008, 02:09 PM
"thveillon.debian"

Chris a écrit :

Greetings,

I know that after a certain release of Ubuntu it was suggested NOT to
use Automatix.

Can I get input on the pros and cons of using that w/Lenny please?

Hi,
Automatix is dead, it wasn't a good idea to use it before, but now for
sure it isn't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatix_(software)

Tom

Old 12-04-2008, 03:47 PM
"Aneurin Price"

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 2:37 PM, Chris <racerx@makeworld.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I know that after a certain release of Ubuntu it was suggested NOT to
> use Automatix.
>
> Can I get input on the pros and cons of using that w/Lenny please?

Warning: This mail contains content that may be considered flippant.

Pros: Well, it probably won't actually cause your computer to burst
into flames or explode.

Cons: It's highly likely to break your system if any of the author's
assumptions and misunderstandings don't happen to hold true for you.

Automatix is fortunately dead and buried, but somebody forgot to drive a
stake through its heart. For discussion, see eg:
http://mjg59.livejournal.com/99905.html
http://www.geekosophical.net/?p=186

-Nye