-   -   Benchmark tools (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/205267-benchmark-tools.html)

T o n g 12-03-2008 10:58 PM

Benchmark tools

Hi,

I found the following benchmark tools, but none is for CPU benchmark. Can
you suggest some good CPU benchmark tools please? (good=simple, not
something that download lots of files off internet and compile gcc/apache)

Also, which of the following benchmark tools do you recommend for simple
disk throughput / performance benchmark?

Thanks

bonnie++ - Hard drive bottleneck testing benchmark suite.
dbench - The dbench (disk) and tbench (TCP) benchmarks
libbenchmark-ocaml-dev - OCaml benchmarking library
libenchant-dev - a wrapper library for various spell checker engines
(development)
libenchant1c2a - a wrapper library for various spell checker engines
php-benchmark - Framework to benchmark PHP scripts or function calls
postal - SMTP benchmark - the mad postman.
postmark - File system benchmark from NetApp
siege - Http regression testing and benchmarking utility
tiobench - Threaded I/O bench for Linux
xengine - A benchmark program for the X Window System.
netperf - Network performance benchmark
pipebench - Measures the speed of stdin/stdout communication
svn-workbench - A Workbench for Subversion
lmbench - Utilities to benchmark UNIX systems
lmbench-doc - Documentation for the lmbench benchmark suite

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/

Celejar 12-04-2008 12:01 AM

Benchmark tools

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 23:58:53 +0000 (UTC)
T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I found the following benchmark tools, but none is for CPU benchmark. Can
> you suggest some good CPU benchmark tools please? (good=simple, not
> something that download lots of files off internet and compile gcc/apache)

Have you considered the Phoronix test suite? They offer a Debian repo
and Debian packages:

http://www.phoronix-test-suite.com/?k=downloads

Celejar