Old 12-03-2008, 09:51 AM
Jan Willem Stumpel

Default Strange "news" problem

Icedove, which I use for mail and news, does not download headers
from subscribed newsgroups anymore. On the 29th of November it
still worked fine; I received some message headers (only a
handful) dated November 30; nothing since then.

The news server belongs to my ISP, but they say nothing has
changed and they got no other complaints about this. In fact when
I try another newsreader (pan), new message headers continue to be
retrieved normally.

So it really seems to be an Icedove problem. Even deleting the
news account and setting it up afresh does not produce any
messages after November 30.

I update/upgrade Sid regularly, but Icedove has not been upgraded
since October.

Any suggestions?

Regards, Jan