Old 12-03-2008, 07:13 AM
"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr."

Default Lenny/Violatile is Stable?

On Saturday 2008 November 29 00:38, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> My line for the debian-volatile repository for lenny is:
> deb http://localhost:9999/volatile lenny/volatile
> Of course, this goes to my local approx which is configured like:
> volatile http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile
>
> Anyway, the Release file I've downloaded looks something like:
> Origin: volatile.debian.org
> Label: debian-volatile
> Suite: stable
> Codename: lenny
> Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 03:36:18 UTC
> Architectures: amd64 alpha arm armel hppa i386 ia64 mips mipsel powerpc
> s390 sparc
> Components: volatile/main volatile/contrib volatile/non-free
>
> Why exactly is the suite stable?

I'm fairly convinced this is a bug. How do I file a bug report against
debian-volatile? I think the Debian BTS needs a package name to accept the
bug, and I'm wondering what to use. Is there a pseudo-package for
infrastructure? If so, would this bug be appropriate for that?
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. * * * * * * * * * * ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03@volumehost.net * * * * * * * * * * *((_/)o o(\_))

Architectures: amd64 alpha arm armel hppa i386 ia64 mips mipsel powerpc
s390 sparc
Components: volatile/main volatile/contrib volatile/non-free

Why exactly is the suite stable?

I'm fairly convinced this is a bug. How do I file a bug report against
debian-volatile? I think the Debian BTS needs a package name to accept the
bug, and I'm wondering what to use. Is there a pseudo-package for
infrastructure? If so, would this bug be appropriate for that?

If you search http://www.debian.org/Bugs/ for the text:

"The current list of pseudo-packages recognized by the Debian bug
tracking system."

you will find a link to http://www.debian.org/Bugs/pseudo-packages which
may be able to help you.

Arthur.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:45 PM
"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr."

On Thursday 2008 December 18 11:01:45 Arthur Marsh wrote:
> Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote, on 03/12/08 18:43:
> > I'm fairly convinced this is a bug. How do I file a bug report against
> > debian-volatile? I think the Debian BTS needs a package name to accept
> > the bug, and I'm wondering what to use. Is there a pseudo-package for
> > infrastructure? If so, would this bug be appropriate for that?
>
> If you search http://www.debian.org/Bugs/ for the text:
>
> "The current list of pseudo-packages recognized by the Debian bug
> tracking system."
>
> you will find a link to http://www.debian.org/Bugs/pseudo-packages which
> may be able to help you.

Oh, I did end up finding that page, around the same time I asked the question.
Reading it, again, after reading your message, I still don't know what
pseudo-package would be most appropriate. Maybe "project"?

Thanks for the answer to my original question, though.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. * * * * * * * * * * ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@iguanasuicide.net * * * ** * * * * * *((_/)o o(\_))