Old 12-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Rick Thomas

Default aptitude safe-upgrade says libgnomekbd-common is being kept back on sid powerpc systems

When I do "aptitude safe-upgrade" on my sid powerpc systems, it says
that libgnomekbd-common is being kept back. This has been going on
for a week or more.

It doesn't do that on my sid i386 systems.

It doesn't seem to be hurting anything...

Anybody got an idea why?

Rick

Old 12-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Rick Thomas

When I do "aptitude safe-upgrade" on my sid powerpc systems, it
says that libgnomekbd-common is being kept back. This has been
going on for a week or more.

It doesn't do that on my sid i386 systems.

It doesn't seem to be hurting anything...

Anybody got an idea why?

Rick

If I do a "dist-upgrade" I get even stranger results...

greybox:~# aptitude dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
The following packages are BROKEN:
libgnomekbd2
libgnomekbd-common
1 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not
upgraded.

Need to get 124kB of archives. After unpacking 466kB will be freed.
libgnomekbd2: Depends: libgnomekbd-common (= 2.22.0-1) but
2.22.0-2 is to be installed.

Remove the following packages:
fast-user-switch-applet
gnome-accessibility
gnome-applets
gnome-control-center
gnome-core
gnome-desktop-environment
gnome-panel
gnome-screensaver
gnome-session
gnome-settings-daemon
libgnomekbd2
libgnomekbdui2
nautilus
nautilus-cd-burner

Leave the following dependencies unresolved:
capplets-data recommends gnome-control-center (>= 1:2.22.2.1-2)
gnome-panel-data recommends gnome-panel
gnome-system-tools recommends gnome-control-center (>= 1:2.10.1-1)
gnome-volume-manager recommends nautilus-cd-burner
mousetweaks recommends gnome-control-center
nautilus-data recommends nautilus
rhythmbox recommends gnome-control-center (>= 2.15.90)
totem-plugins recommends gnome-settings-daemon
Score is -4902

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?]

Old 12-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Sven Joachim

On 2008-12-02 21:28 +0100, Rick Thomas wrote:

> When I do "aptitude safe-upgrade" on my sid powerpc systems, it says
> that libgnomekbd-common is being kept back. This has been going on
> for a week or more.
>
> It doesn't do that on my sid i386 systems.
>
> It doesn't seem to be hurting anything...
>
> Anybody got an idea why?

Because libgnomekbd 2.22.0-2 has not been uploaded for powerpc yet,
although it had been built 11 days ago¹. It cannot hurd to ping the
powerpc buildd maintainer at buildd@powerpc.debian.org about the
"forgotten" upload.

Sven

¹ http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=libgnomekbd;ver=2.22.0-2;arch=powerpc;stamp=1227289355