Old 12-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Csanyi Pal

Default firewoll/router lose the connection to the internet

Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com> writes:

> I have an old PC box with CB581X-VI Main Board and a CPU:
>
> $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
> processor : 0
> vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
> cpu family : 5
> model : 8
> model name : AMD-K6(tm) 3D processor
> stepping : 12
> cpu MHz : 451.040
> cache size : 64 KB
> fdiv_bug : no
> hlt_bug : no
> f00f_bug : no
> coma_bug : no
> fpu : yes
> fpu_exception : yes
> cpuid level : 1
> wp : yes
> flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 pge mmx syscall 3dnow k6_mtrr
> bogomips : 903.01
>
> I have installed on this hardware Debian GNU/Linux Etch and I'm using
> it as a firewall/router.
>
> I'm using now linux-image-2.6.18-6-486.
>
> I want to know which linux-image is the best for this CPU?
>
> Any advices will be appreciated!

I think maybe if I install a better linux-image then the connection to
the internet will be better too..

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi

Old 12-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Csanyi Pal

Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com> writes:

> Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I have an old PC box with CB581X-VI Main Board and a CPU:
>>
>> $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
>> processor : 0
>> vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
>> cpu family : 5
>> model : 8
>> model name : AMD-K6(tm) 3D processor
>> stepping : 12
>> cpu MHz : 451.040
>> cache size : 64 KB
>> fdiv_bug : no
>> hlt_bug : no
>> f00f_bug : no
>> coma_bug : no
>> fpu : yes
>> fpu_exception : yes
>> cpuid level : 1
>> wp : yes
>> flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 pge mmx syscall 3dnow k6_mtrr
>> bogomips : 903.01
>>
>> I have installed on this hardware Debian GNU/Linux Etch and I'm using
>> it as a firewall/router.
>>
>> I'm using now linux-image-2.6.18-6-486.
>>
>> I want to know which linux-image is the best for this CPU?
>>
>> Any advices will be appreciated!
>
> I think maybe if I install a better linux-image then the connection to
> the internet will be better too..

I have a cable internet, with download/upload 2048/768 so I don't know
how could happen that that the connection suddenly become bad so from
the internet I can't to reach my web server that is behind of my
firewall/router?

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi