-   -   Is there a site(http/ftp) having all the available deb packages? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/1960-there-site-http-ftp-having-all-available-deb-packages.html)

"Michael Yang" 11-21-2007 08:41 AM

Is there a site(http/ftp) having all the available deb packages?

Hi All:

I'm wondering if there is a good site besides "debian.org" where we can search all the available deb packages, description, and download info?

It's similar to the "
rpmfind.net" managing all the packages so that whenever I need one specific package that is not in the official mirror list, I can direct myself to the site.

Thanks.
- Michael

Sylvain Le Gall 11-21-2007 09:55 AM

On 21-11-2007, Michael Yang <michael.yxf@gmail.com> wrote:
> ------=_Part_15973_24419047.1195638090242
>
> Hi All:
>
> I'm wondering if there is a good site besides "debian.org" where we can
> search all the available deb packages, description, and download info?
>
> It's similar to the "rpmfind.net" managing all the packages so that whenever
> I need one specific package that is not in the official mirror list, I can
> direct myself to the site.

Unofficial:
http://apt-get.org/

Backports (packages for stable from unstable):
http://www.backports.org

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall