Old 12-14-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Resolving apt-get unmet dependencies

Hi,
I'm sure this is pretty simple, but I can't get it to work...

Can somebody explain how I can install libc6-dev ?
I keep getting an error message from apt-get, which I do not know how to
solve:
#apt-get install libc6-dev
libc6-dev: Depends: libc6 (= 2.3.6.ds1-13etch2) but 2.6.1-3 is to be
installed
E: Broken packages

My sources.list is:

deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 r1 _Etch_ - Official amd64 NETINST
Binary-1 20070820-20:16]/
etch contrib main

deb http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib

Regards,
Axelle.

Old 12-14-2007, 04:48 PM
Ron Johnson

On Friday 14 December 2007 08:26:04 am axelle_apvrille@yahoo.fr
wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm sure this is pretty simple, but I can't get it to work...
>
> Can somebody explain how I can install libc6-dev ?
> I keep getting an error message from apt-get, which I do not
> know how to solve:
> #apt-get install libc6-dev
> libc6-dev: Depends: libc6 (= 2.3.6.ds1-13etch2) but 2.6.1-3
> is to be installed
> E: Broken packages
>
> My sources.list is:
>
> deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 r1 _Etch_ - Official amd64
> NETINST Binary-1 20070820-20:16]/
> etch contrib main
>
> deb http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib
> non-free
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib
> deb-src http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib

This should point you in the right direction:

# apt-cache policy libc6-dev libc6

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"You're a good example of why some animals eat their young."
Jim Samuels